Become A Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2017 Leadership Convention in Chicago.
Volunteering with NAAAP provides a unique opportunity to network with other Asian professionals and contribute to the local community. Our volunteers experience the leadership, values and vision that define our organization, whether they are working behind the scenes in support of the Convention operations or interacting with the attendees, sponsors and speakers on the front lines.
If you wish to sign up, please use our online volunteer registration system and select your volunteer shifts. All available shifts are listed online.
- Great opportunity to network with convention attendees, sponsors and volunteers
- Access to sessions in the other half of the day(s) of your shift(s) subject to space and availability
- Documentation of volunteer service hours if needed by employer or university
- Nourishment and refreshments in the Volunteer Office
- Commemorative buttons and access to the volunteer hospitality suite during shift(s)
VOLUNTEER TRAINING & ATTIRE
* Mandatory Volunteer Training will take place Wednesday, August 16 at 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM at the Swissotel, room to be confirmed.
* Volunteer uniform for the convention: white collared shirt, black pants or skirts.
DESCRIPTIONS OF VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Registration volunteers will be working at the registration desk and assist the attendees with check-in, badge retrieval, and handle any walk-in/new registrations. Friendly, out-going disposition, a smartphone or mobile device, and familiarity with online event registration skills are preferred.
Recruitment Expo Volunteers
Expo volunteers will assist the Expo Director with ushering in career fair attendees, facilitating the flow of walk-ins, and assisting exhibitors into the exhibit space as well as answering any questions.
Session/Breakout Room Monitors
Room Monitors will assist speakers and moderators with A/V questions, manage slideshow advances, distribute handouts, collect evaluation forms (if paper), run between the room and the registration desk or Event Planner office, and ensure smooth operation of each session. This is a good volunteer role for individuals who wish to hear particular sessions and meet speakers.
Greeters will help attendees with questions regarding directions/layout of the convention site, convention schedule, details of the special events and other general inquiries. Some greeters will be needed very early in the day, facilitate the traffic at meal time, and ensure that the attendees enter at appropriate times.
Special Events Volunteers
Special events take place in the evenings, so this position is suitable for volunteers who are unable to commit to day-shifts. While duties may vary, the special events volunteers will assist in answering attendee questions about the scope of the special events, facilitating transportation to and from off-site events, providing general support with respect to the traffic flow at the Banquet.