Diversity Career Fair
August 6th, 12:30pm-3:30pm EDT / 9:30am-12:30pm PDT
We are kicking off this exciting month-long Convention with a virtual career fair, featuring more than 20 Fortune 500 companies and other employers, federal agencies, and tech corporations ready to recruit some diverse talent! There will be live recruitment opportunities for jobs that are ready to be filled. Some industries that will be represented at the career fair include, but are not limited to: IT, Engineering, Science, Marketing, Sales, Retail, Healthcare, Accounting, Finance, and so much more.
One day dedicated to your professional development >>>
Career Development Day
August 6, 2021
We will also have career development workshops throughout the day, as well as 1-on-1 resume reviews, information about our sponsors, and great networking opportunities in this fun, virtual setting. The pandemic has put the workforce in a very unique situation and the pull for new talent is higher than ever. Whether you’re looking for a new career or just want to see what other opportunities are out there, you won’t want to miss this valuable and exciting hiring event.
On the Spot Interviews & Resume Review
Choose your registration preference:
- Career Fair and Development Day ONLY pass
- Career Fair and full convention pass
Then send your resumes to email@example.com with your file labeled [First Name] [Last Name] – [Position/Area/Field]. All employers will then have access to your resume.
A number of booths are offering interview opportunities on the spot and accepting applications. Everyone is welcome, regardless of race, ethnicity, and membership.
FREE One-on-One Resume Review
How to Sign Up
Job-seekers of any working age can gain access to a free one-on-one resume review from experienced professionals.
After you register for the convention, please send your completed resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume file labeled [First Name] [Last Name] – [Position/Area/Field] so our reviewers can have your resume on hand.
On August 6th, sign into your Socio account via a web browser beginning at 12 P.M. EDT to join the queue. Please read through these steps thoroughly:
1. Click on the “Resume Review Signup” tab
2. Insert your name in the chat area to enter the queue
3. View the queue live on this tab. Please monitor this at all times.
4. When it is your turn, a resume reviewer will write his/her name next to your name on the queue and proceed to request a connection on Socio with you
5. You have two minutes to accept the connection. To accept the connection, click on “Connections” on the left hand side of Socio and then click on the name of your reviewer. Then initiate a video call with your reviewer
6. You will have 10 minutes for your resume review so please come prepared with questions. Have your resume ready via an internet tab in case you need to screen share
In addition to a resume review…
- Get career guidance and advice
- Identify your strengths and areas of growth
- Learn job search strategies
- Stand out on your next job application
Be prepared to
- Screen share resume
- Be open-minded
- Ask questions
- Take notes
Participating Companies & Organizations
Free Student Registration
Register with your school email address to qualify
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
Opening & Keynote Speaker
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
Job Search Strategies
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Personal Brand on Social Media
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM
Resume Writing Tips & Tricks
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Federal Government Resume
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Ace the Interview
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
FWD a Message
Please find us on social media or email us at registration @ naaap . org (eliminate the spacing when copy and pasting onto your address line)