FWD our eventLove your experience? Share it!
Don’t be shy. Your colleagues could use a little inspiration, help with advancement, or expand their network. Feel free to share via social media, email, group chats, and/or websites. Word of mouth helps too. Right click below to save the image and FWD on!
Flyers for Facebook, Email, or SMS
Women's Summit and Federal Summit Aug. 20
Right click any image to save and repost with one or more of the following captions. The Call to Action is “Register for the Leadership Convention on Aug. 20 and 27.”
- The dual-track Women’s Summit and Federal Summit on Aug. 20 will feature keynotes by Kiran Ahuja, Director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, and the Honorable Grace Meng, Representative for the Sixth Congressional District of New York.
- Special discount code: CAPAWPASS (all caps, case sensitive) reduces General Admission price to $29 for both the Women’s Summit and Federal Summit on Aug. 20.
- General Admission includes two remaining Fridays in August plus on-demand playback of any sessions you miss.
- Check outhttps://www.leadershipconvention.org/2021-speakers/ or Schedule
The 2021 Leadership Convention by NAAAP is being held virtually on all four Fridays in August from 9am to 1pm PT / 12pm to 4pm ET. The following programming is being brought to you by some of our most fervent NAAAP supporters, including over two dozen sponsors and over 30 active convention team volunteers.
Aug 6F: Diversity Career Fair & Development Day
– Includes: 20 employer booths, 6 job training sessions, and up to 200 one-on-one resume reviews
Aug 13F: Inaugural API Community Summit and ERG Corporate Summit
– 4 ERG Summit Sessions: Inclusive Leadership, Workplace Reintegration Anxiety, Measuring ERG Success, Managing and Thriving in a VUCA World.
Aug 20F: Inaugural Women’s Summit and Inaugual Federal Summit
– 4 Federal Summit Sessions: Federal Career & Leadership Development, Mapping & Navigating Your Federal Path, How to Become a Political Appointee, Success Stories in the Federal Service.
Aug 27F: Leadership Summit and NAAAP Awards
– NAAAP Awards: NAAAP 100 honoree Padmasree Warrior, CEO and Founder of Fable. NAAAP Pride honoree TBD. NAAAP Inspire honorees Alpa Amin, Georgia Asylum & Immigration Network; Francesca Hong, Wisconsin’s first Asian representative; Tona Dela Rosa, Tony Rosa Speaks.
The price for all four days is $99. But it’s an additional $30 off if you are a NAAAP member, partner, or sponsor. And register by July 31 for an additional $40 off early bird discount. So as a NAAAP member, partner, or sponsor, register at www.leadershipconvention.org by July 31 to pay only $29 for all four days!
Every chapter that attends LC21 will receive one free registration for next year’s Leadership Convention 2022 (LC22), to be held from August 11-14, 2022 at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC. For every 25 attendees who can be affiliated with your NAAAP chapter (just make sure the attendee selects or writes your chapter name when registering), your chapter will also receive one extra gala ticket for LC22 (valued at $200)!After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Then starting on August 1, you’ll receive a Socio is Open email, prompting you to complete your online profile on our event platform Socio, for which you may add your picture and short bio. Then when the Convention opens on August 6, you’ll be able to virtually network with others, and if you choose to connect with them, then through Socio, you’ll be able to direct message or video chat with them individually or in groups.
Our LC21 convention theme in persevering through the tragedies of this past year is “Moving Fwd:” We need chapters to make this Convention a success and are asking for your help to:
To help you promote, the marketing team has prepared a Marketing Toolkit on www.leadershipconvention.org, which contains sample emails, flyers, filters, frames, graphics, press releases (to be completed later this week), and all that you’ll need.
Our convention marketing team is pursuing a variety of channels to promote the Convention, including posting on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn), promoting with our sponsors, and outreaching to college students and various groups who would be interested in the various summits,
We have incredible programming, an interactive event platform, and low promotional pricing — but we can’t reach the success for this organization and our community without your attendance and promotion. Be sure to register no later than Saturday, July 31 for the best pricing, and please email me with any questions, comments, or suggestions. Thank you.
2021 Leadership Convention by NAAAP
COLLEGE INVITATION BLURB
The National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) presents our annual Leadership Convention throughout the month of August, and it is free for current college students!
The 2021 Leadership Convention will feature a unique programming track every Friday, beginning on Friday, August 6 with a Career Fair and Development Day, which will have virtual employer booths, job skills training, networking sessions, and one-on-one resume reviews.
Participating companies in the Career Fair include Volkswagen, Bank of America, Cisco, Oracle, Macys, the CIA, Nestle, and many other corporations looking for talent. This event should be a must for all job seeking students!
Our Leadership Convention is an inclusive event, and people from all backgrounds (regardless of profession, race, age, gender, etc) are welcome to participate!
Tickets are priced at $99 but college students get to attend all four weekends for free, when they register with their .edu email address. The programming schedule is below.
- Friday, August 6: Career Fair & Development Day, which will have virtual employer booths, job skills training, networking sessions, and one-on-one resume reviews.
- Friday, August 13: API Summit & ERG Summit for corporate employee resource group leaders, and an inaugural API Summit for leaders to discuss major issues in the Asian and Pacific Islander community.
- Friday, August 20: Women’s Summit & Federal Summit for federal, military, and government employees, and an inaugural Women’s Summit to discuss women’s leadership.
- Friday, August 27: Leadership Summit for our signature professional development and the NAAAP Awards Ceremony to recognize our NAAAP 100, NAAAP Pride, and NAAAP Inspire honorees
To learn more details about the convention, the schedule, the speakers, and to register for the event, visit www.leadershipconvention.org and register now to access all four days! Find the REGISTER NOW tab at the top of the page and choose STUDENT to register for free. Make sure you use your .edu email address!
NAAAP is the premiere leadership organization for Asian professionals. We cultivate and empower leaders for professional excellence. We connect accomplished professionals for mutual success. We engage and participate with the community-at-large and we inspire leaders to make a meaningful difference in government, education, business, and society. We build leaders. Learn more at www.naaap.org.
Facebook Banner for Group Pages
Facebook Profile Frame
No need to download! Follow the instructions below to show your colleagues that you’re attending!
1. Login into your Facebook Account
2. Go to your profile page
3. Click on your profile picture
4. Update your profile picture
5. Add Fame
6. Search for NAAAP Leadership Convention 2021
PDF Flyers & Press Releases
ERG Summit and Asian Pacific Islander Summit Aug. 13
Right click any image to save and repost with one or more of the following captions. The Call to Action is “Register for the Leadership Convention starting with the ERG Corporate Summit on Aug. 13.”
- The ERG Corporate Summit on Aug. 13 will feature a keynote by career public servant Chantale Wong, cover Traits of Inclusive Leaders, DEI programs as part of the ESG portfolio, Measuring ERG success, and Thriving in a Volatile, VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex & Ambiguous) World
- Special discount code: ERG4GOOD reduces General Admission price to $29
- General Admission includes three remaining Fridays in August plus on-demand playback of any sessions you miss.
- Check outhttps://www.leadershipconvention.org/2021-speakers/ or Schedule
ERG Corporate Summit Highlights
- 12:00 noon ET: Chantale Wong, Career Public Servant, Founder of CAPAL, and Ambassador-level nominee for Director of the Asian Development Bank
- 12:25 ET | Signature Traits of Inclusive Leaders, featuring speakers from Chubb, Cisco, and Macy’s
- 1;20 ET | When DEI becomes part of your Environmental Socilal Governance portfolio, featuring speakers from Caesars Entertainment, Lenovo, and Truist
- 2:15 ET | Measuring ERG Success, featuring speakers from Bank of America, Google, and Nestle
- 3:10 ET | Managing & Thriving in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex & Ambiguous) World featuring a speaker from VMware
- 3:55 ET | Drawing for Prize
To register, go to leadershipcovnention,org, click on REGISTER, enter the code :ERG4GOOD, and select General Ticket for $29.
Career Fair and Development Day Aug. 6
Click on the thumbnail for larger image, right click, save image, share!
- Aug. 6 Diversity Career Fair is free for job seekers, regardless of race, ethnicity, and membership in NAAAP.
- Entire convention on four Fridays in August is free for all students.
- Check out www.leadershipconvention.org